Monday, March 23, 2020
- We had a 142 views of the service online
- Middle and High School met via Google Hangout
- Joel hosted his Old Testament class at 9:00am via Zoom
- Our Sunday small groups met online
Join us every Sunday (for now) at www.atlantachristianchurch.org/lent/this-sunday for worship. We upload videos of the music, the sermon, and all the kids programming is there, as well.
With information moving and changing so quickly (and almost by the hour), it can be stressful to try and keep up with what's going on. And during this time you may encounter needs in several areas of your life:
- Physical: If you are homebound and short on supplies (toiletries, food, etc.) and are unable to get out, please let us know so that we can either help you personally or mobilize people from the church to get you what you need.
- Emotional: If you are experiencing elevated levels of fear, depression, and/or anxiety, and would like to seek help, please contact us ASAP. We have a nice bank of therapists and counselors that we trust and recommend, many of whom are now offering online sessions.
- Relational: One of the big areas of concern that we're hearing is that of loneliness and isolation. Though can't be together physically, we are ramping up virtual meeting spaces and opportunities for you. Take advantage of these things as you see them come along. (And stay in touch with you neighbors as best you can. We've been encouraged to see the different ways neighborhoods are maintaining a sense of normalcy.)
- Spiritual: Both the Jewish and Christian traditions are in agreement on this: our faith takes on new shapes and depths in these "wilderness" seasons, and we should embrace these times as opportunities to "be still" and to pay attention to how God is present among us.
If there is anything we can help you with, contact us at:
- A Tight Five: We're posting 5min daily devotional videos over on our Instagram page beginning today!
- Midweek Prayer: We'll be hosting a midweek prayer on Instagram Live every Wednesday at 12:00pm. Come and sit in as we're led through some meditative and prayerful practices.
- Weekly Lenten Readings: If you'd like to jump in and receive a Friday Lenten devotional email, sign up here and we'll get you on the list!
- Old Testament Class: If you'd like to jump in on Joel's Sunday morning Old Testament class, they meet on Sunday mornings at 9:00am via Zoom. Let him know here.
See you online,